Home of ButlerCC Webhosting
Please be patient with us…this webhosting stuff is taking longer to setup than we anticipated.
We hope to automate account setup and support functions in the near future. Until then, the following information should help you get started.
How Do I Create My Account?
Free hosting is provided only to currently enrolled Butler CC Web Development students. Your instructor will provide your account details (your assigned subdomain, username, and initial password), demonstrate how to publish to your account, and answer your questions. Until there is an automated support system in place, please email your instructor if you have any problems with hosting.
How Do I Upload My Files?
You can use any FTP program, like Filezilla, the FireFTP Firefox extension, or even Dreamweaver to upload files to your account. Your instructor will walk you through this process in class. But just in case you forget, refer to the settings below, or review one of our brief tutorials.
- FTP Host: yoursubdomain.butlerccwebdev.net
- FTP Username: yourusername (the one you use to login to your cPanel)
- FTP Password: password (the one you set in your cPanel)
- Upload Directory/Initial Host Directory: public_html - all files and folders must be stored in the public_html folder
What Is My URL?
Once you have uploaded files to your subdomain, point your browser to your subdomain. Your URL will look like this one except you'll enter your assigned subdomain: http://yoursubdomain.butlerccwebdev.net/ - Your index.html page will be returned by the web server.
Here are some of our most popular tutorials.
- FireFTP Tutorial - How to install and use the FireFTP addon in Firefox to upload your web site
- Publishing with Dreamweaver Tutorial - How to use Dreamweaver to setup a connection to the web server and upload your web site
(For previous versions of Dreamweaver, like CS3 or CS4, review Publishing with Dreamweaver CS4 Tutorial)
- Need something else? Check out the full list of tutorials and resources.